NNL Post Doctoral Development Scheme launches successfully
The National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) has launched a novel initiative to further develop the skills of recent PhD graduates. The NNL Post Doctoral Development Scheme places researchers within NNL’s commercial business environment, whilst enabling them to continue applying their research skills.
The two-year programme offers:
- A clear pathway for their technical development
- Commercial awareness of all of the functions of NNL
- Access to a programme of tailored training, building on their previous experience
- Behavioural Development providing their own personal development plan
- Opportunities to network with mid-career professionals and experts
- Mentoring to achieve chartered status with their chosen professional body
- Membership of a cohort of early career professionals to provide support in developing within the company
Due to the initial success of this programme, NNL has already begun work to establish their needs for 2022 and will advertise next year’s intake on their website.