We will hold events, such as our annual meeting and topic meetings, to showcase of our latest expertise and research to members of the research community involved in radioactive geological disposal. Our upcoming events are listed below.
Annual Conference 2021
This year’s annual conference will take place on Wednesday 15th – Thursday 16th September 2021.
We are very pleased to welcome Professor Sergey Churakov, Head of Laboratory for Waste Management, Paul Scherrer Institute, Switzerland, as our international plenary speaker.
This will be an in person event and the agenda includes:
- Plenary presentation from Professor Sergey Churakov, Head of Laboratory for Waste Management, Switzerland
- RWM presentations on the progress of the GDF programme including progress on siting
- Technical presentations from RSO PhD students, PDRAs and PIs on the current progress of GDF research within the academic community
- Updates from the RSO Discipline Leads and RWM Subject Matter Experts
- Overview and guidance on the RWM RSO PhD bursary call 2021 and other research calls
- Communication and outreach teambuilding for RSO researchers
- Overview of relevant research infrastructure within the UK community
- Poster session and conference dinner
You can find the agenda here
Registration is now closed
We welcome opportunities to connect with the research community, industry and the general public.